KSA Athletic Excellence Program - Criteria
Updated Saturday October 20, 2018 by Kitchener Sports Association.
Monika Burgess, of the Asahi Judo Club, received the initial Athletic Excellence grant, $1,500, in October 2013. The photo, from a previous KSA meeting held Jan. 17, 2012, shows: (l-r) Monika Burgess, KSA's Toni Pottier and Mark Burgess (Coach and President of the Asahi Judo Club). For more on Monika's accomplishments, click here
Applications for funding assistance are now being accepted and should be submitted as soon as possible to ensure processing consideration can be given for the current funding period.
Local minor sports organizations are encouraged to inquire and forward information on behalf of their top performers. Funding will be provided on an annual basis based on an athlete's annual budget*, performance record and validation from his/her local sports club, provincial sports body (PSO) and national sports body (NSO).
Criteria for funding:
- Be a resident of the local area which includes the cities of Kitchener and Waterloo, and the townships of Wellesley, Wilmot and Woolwich. Note: An athlete living outside the defined area for training and/or schooling purposes is not precluded from applying but must justify such.
- Be an amateur athlete actively competing at the national or international level.
- Applicants must be recognized by, and provide verification they have the support of, their local sports club, PSO and NSO.
- Provide all requested information and supporting documentation .
An athlete applying for funding under this program is required to submit the following information and documentation:
- A supporting letter from his/her PSO.
- A supporting letter from his/her NSO.
- Documentation from his/her minor sports club supporting the application for funding. Note: As KSA grants are issued to the minor sports club, rather than directly to individual applicants, it is imperative that the club's submission include a clause agreeing that all KSA funding will be used directly for the sole benefit of the applicant. The letter has to come from the President and/or Treasurer of the organization.
- Profile including the athlete's relevant accomplishments to date, current involvement, qualifications, etc. and photo portrait.
- Include a mutual agreement that both parties will publicly acknowledge any KSA grant and, further, giving permission for KSA to use the athlete's photo and non-confidential biographical information.
- Financial summary of the previous 12 month's sport activity including all sources of revenue and expenses.
- Budget for current/coming year. Include a breakdown of costs (travel and accommodation for each trip, fees/dues, training, equipment & other expenses) and all off-setting revenue including: government grants (all sources), grants & sponsorships, donations, fund-raising efforts, club and association subsidies, etc. related to participating.
Submit complete applications by email to
or mail to:
Athletic Excellence, 92 Sherwood Ave., Kitchener, Ont., N2B 1J9
This article has No Comments.
You must be a member of the League and logged in to
post comments. Login here.