For Capital, Equipment, Travel, and New Program Grants
Updated Sunday February 10, 2019 by Kitchener Sports Association.
KSA Director Rick Weinstein fields questions for Megan Lloyd, Canadian Champion Baton Twirler at the KSA Dinner held Sept. 20, 2011. Megan was in attendance as the evening's guest speaker and thanked KSA for the travel grant which enabled her to compete at the Nationals in Winnipeg.
Purpose: In general, to provide financial support to not-for-profit minor sports associations that offer programs involving local youth and charitable groups with requests for assistance fulfilling the KSA mission that "True sportsmen make good citizens".
Eligibility: Grant applications will be considered from organizations that:
- are located in, and/or provide programs to the youth of the cities of Kitchener or Waterloo or the townships of Wellesley, Wilmot or Woolwich
- meet the general funding requirements of KSA and the Alcohol & Gaming Commission of Ontario
Individuals, (our mandate is to assist local youth), seeking funding assistance should apply through, and with the backing of, their local sports organization and/or recognized governing body. (KSA does not generally provide funding directly to individuals; payments are processed through the local sports group or governing body.)
Projects that are not eligible for funding include team sponsorships, operating costs and annual events.
TIMING: Grant applications may be submitted at any time in advance of a project or travel to a competition and whenever possible, will be considered within one month of receipt of the application.
APPLICATION: Complete the one-page Grant Application Form (use link at the bottom of this page & Application Procedure webpage) indicating the type of grant for which funding is requested:
- Capital – building, renovations (subject to AGCO approval)
- Equipment – responding to a speciﬁc one-time need (not replacement of existing equipment)
- Specialized program – not part of the organization’s traditional annual operating budget. (If KSA funding is to assist in covering the costs of hosting a sanctioned national or international event, it may be stipulated that the KSA funding be repaid to KSA should the event end up turning a "profit".)
- New / innovative program– requiring ﬁrst year “seed” funding. (KSA will consider requests that don't fit within the guidelines of one of the specific categories. Such requests are considered on an individual basis, on their own merit; inquiries welcome.)
- Travel Subsidy – for an organization’s team or athlete(s) who have qualified to compete at a sanctioned national or international championship or competition.
IMPACT & TIMING: Describe the time-line for the proposed project and how it will have a positive impact for the organization and its participants.
BUDGET: Provide a budget for the proposed project including:
(i) all actual and projected sources of revenue, including the grant requested from KSA
(ii) all actual and projected expenses resulting in a balanced budget for the project
FINANCIAL STATEMENTS: The organization’s ﬁnancial statements must be available on request. If the applicant is seeking more than $5,000, please include the most recent annual financial statements.
PUBLICITY: Indicate how this grant will be publicized within the applicant‘s organization as well as in the community-at-large. KSA also has the right to publicize the approval of the grant. Cheque presentations are traditionally held at meetings of the KSA membership.
PRESENTATION: Applications exceeding $5,000 in requested KSA funding may require the organization to meet informally with the Grants Committee.
SUBMISSION: Please provide the application, preferably electronically as an attachment to an email or submit twelve (12) hard copies, including supporting documents, to the Grants Committee chair.
KSA Grants Committee, c/o John Thompson
Application procedure for funding
284 Whitmore Drive, Waterloo, ON, N2K 2N5
This article has No Comments.
You must be a member of the League and logged in to
post comments. Login here.