Updated Thursday October 12, 2017 by Kitchener Sports Association.
PHOTO: Cheque presentations to Pride Stables (for extensive building renovations) at the Kitchener Panther game May 28, 2017. (L-R) Troy Stuebing (Rotary), Heather MacKneson (Pride Stables), Bill Pegg (KSA) and Dave teBoekhorst (Panthers)
The Kitchener Sports Association (KSA) raises money, (through the sale of 50/50 tickets at Kitchener Rangers & KW Titans home games and bingo sessions at the KW Gaming Centre), for the benefit of local minor sports groups, their athletes and charities.
In the year ending June 30, 2017,
KSA disbursed $ 209,606 to the following recipients:
- 6 scholarships @ $2,000 each from 2016 (Owen Babcock, Seungjae Cho, Tanya Deboer, Dayna Nairn, Elias Srouji & Sabrina Zurbrigg) The June 2017 scholarships are paid in Sept. 2017 so are not included in this total.
- Athlete of the Year Program
- Awards of Excellence Program
- Big Brothers & Big Sisters
- Donna's Kids Program (KMHA)
- Food Bank of Waterloo
- Hockey Helps the Homeless
- Kids Ability (sports equipment)
- Kitchener Minor Baseball
- Kitchener Minor Girls Softball
- Kitchener Minor Hockey
- Kitchener Minor Lacrosse
- Kitchener Minor Soccer
- Kitchener-Waterloo Skating Club
- Kitchener Tournament Baseball
- KW Gymnastics Club
- KW Minor Boys Softball
- KW InLine Hockey
- KW Community Foundation (KSA Legacy Fund)
- KW International Children’s Games
- KW Predators Volleyball
- KW Water Polo Club
- KW Youth Basketball
- Laurel Creek Track Club
- Ontario Curling Association (Athletic Excellence - Taylor Hall)
- Pride Stables (Capital grant for facility improvements)
- Pride Stables (fee assistance)
- ROW Swim Club
- Sports for Special Athletes
- Stanley Park Optimist Ball
- Supreme Athletics (Athletic Excellence - Joey Daniels)
- Twin Centre Minor Baseball
- Twin City Minor Tackle Football
- Volunteer Action Centre of Kitchener-Waterloo
- Waterloo Education Foundation (Special Program)
- Waterloo Minor Girls Softball
- Waterloo Minor Hockey
- Waterloo Minor Soccer
- Waterloo Regional Boxing Academy
- Waterloo Region Hall of Fame
- Waterloo Region Suicide Prevention
- Waterloo Wildhawk Basketball
We're glad that, with the support from the Kitchener Rangers organization, OHL fans, the KW Titans and their fans, and the local community, we're able to provide funding assistance to local sports groups -- well in excess of $2,750,000 in the last 23 years alone! Grants were made for various purposes: capital projects, travlel grants, fee assistance, special projects, athletic excellence, scholarships and KSA sponsored projects . More details are on our website. On behalf of local athletes, thanks, one and all!
KSA has unlimited 50/50 tickets for sale — one of the winners may be yours!
Go Rangers Go! Let's Go Titans! Bingo!
This article has No Comments.
You must be a member of the League and logged in to
post comments. Login here.